Reports To: Senior Marketing & BD Manager
Working Pattern: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
We are a truly global organisation with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, and a superb pedigree in the Legal sector. We proud ourselves on our award winning highly innovative approach, which has won us clients ranging from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, across all sectors.
The Marketing & Business Development Advisor will provide support to the Senior Marketing & Business Development Manager in the delivery of the Luxembourg office business development and marketing plans.
Under supervision, you will work with partners/lawyers from across the office, assisting them and responding to their requests. While being part of a close working team, you will have a proactive and responsible approach to your work, you strive to find efficient ways of working.
You will be a professional and organised individual, energetic, enthusiastic and with great people skills. As a dedicated team player, you will flourish within our fast-moving environment, enjoying an excellent remuneration package and great opportunities to advance your career within our global Firm. We are an entrepreneurial team that enjoys the work we do within an international setting.
Will you add your skills to our Luxembourg team?
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will support the Marketing & BD team and its senior manager in the implementation of business development and marketing plans.
Your main role:
- Supporting ad hoc BD activities which include the follow-up of client development plans and actions.
- Acting as support for location specific tenders, capability statements and materials for client meetings.
- Preparing submissions to international rankings or awards with the various practice groups, collecting and compiling relevant information.
- Ensuring that credentials and content are relevant and updated.
- Ensuring that CVs, bios and photos of fee earners are up to date and taking steps to create, adapt, update and delete appropriate items.
- Supporting local and international teams in updating client data into our CRM system as well as updating client and prospect lists.
You will also assist the team in
- Training newcomers on, among other things, MBD activities, social networks, credential databases, CRM tool.
- Processing new memberships and renewals as well as registrations to events organised by local associations and clubs.
- Maintaining up-to-date calendars of local and international events and client entertainment.
- Organising and managing in-person, virtual or hybrid events.
- Producing engaging and relevant Luxembourg-specific internal and external communications and materials (including but not limited to legal alerts, press releases, leaflets, brochures, banners, advertising pages,..).
- Managing website and social media (publishing and reporting).
Skills, experience and characteristics:
The ideal candidate must:
- Have min. 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a professional services organisation. – Experience in a law firm is considered as an advantage –
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Speaking French will be considered as an advantage.
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness, both in approach and delivery, and a professional behaviour in terms of commitment and attention to internal clients.
- Demonstrate a consistently positive and collaborative attitude, adopt a proactive ‘can do’ approach and be willing to work within a small, hands-on local team while successfully supporting international projects.
- Be stress resistant, able to multi-task, meet deadlines and demonstrate experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities.
- Have strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- Possess sound social media and MS- Office knowledge – experience of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook is essential while experience of graphic tools and CRM systems is beneficial.
- Hold a Master’s degree in Marketing, Business administration, Business Engineering, Management science or Communications.
This job description is not designed to be exhaustive and can be varied, as required, to develop or fulfil the role of the Marketing & Business Development Advisor.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connect with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
Diversity and Inclusion
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn’t just about visible differences, it’s the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it’s crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that’s why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
How to apply?
Please apply online: Marketing & Business Development Advisor – DLA Piper Careers